Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Is It Possible For A Christian to Sacrifice?

I read this quote by David Livingston (great African missionary during the 1800's) this morning and it made me wonder if it is even possible as a lover of Jesus Christ to really sacrifice anything. I really don't consider the things I do or give up for my wife or kids a sacrifice, I just consider it love. Shouldn't this be true of our relationship with Jesus! We shouldn't speak of sacrifice or of giving up things (time, energy, money) for Him, it should just flow out of the love relationship that we have with Him. Just some thoughts and here is the Livingston quote: "People talk of the sacrifice I have made in spending so much of my life in Africa....I never made a sacrifice. We ought not talk of 'sacrifice' when we remember the great sacrifice which He made who left His Father's throne on high to give Himself for us."