Tuesday, November 10, 2009

And I Thought My Life Was Hard

I just read a brief article detailing how unhappy Micheal Vick is playing for the Philadelphia Eagles. REALLY!!?? Are you serious!!?? I mean after what he has been through, you'd think he be happy that he was just suiting up on Sundays in the NFL. But apparently that and the fact that he is getting paid $1.6 million to suit up just isn't enough for Mr. Vick.

"It would be hard," Vick said of returning to the Eagles (next year), according to excerpts released by NBC. "It would be an everyday struggle. I won't be a Wildcat guy. I can't," Vick told NBC. "It's a different style of play. It's almost like a hit-or-miss type of thing. My position is quarterback. That's what I was born to do."

WOW!!!! I can't even begin to imagine how hard things are for poor Mr. Vick. An everyday struggle? Are you serious??? Man I tell you what, things are getting bad in our country when a guy gets out of prison and then goes to work playing a game and gets paid $1.6 million for it and he is still unhappy! That is just sad and crazy. I sure hope Micheal Vick finds what he is looking for. I hope he finds happiness. I hope he finds Jesus!

As I read this article and was filled with indignation over his complaining about his situation, I wondered how often I sound like this to God. God has blessed me beyond imagination! He has released me from the prison of sin and death and then given me amazing resources that I don't deserve and placed me in a calling (aka. job) that is wonderful. Then I still find reasons to complain. My whining and moaning to God is probably worse that Micheal Vick's since I have the Truth and the Holy Spirit.

I want to take my indignation with Micheal Vick and turn it into humility before my great God. I want to stop moaning and complaining when everything doesn't go exactly like I want it to and praise and thank God more. I think my new slogan is going to be "No Whining!"