Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

From now till around the end of January is my most favorite time of the year. The almost three months that this time frame encompasses has many great memories, traditions, and special days that I love to reflect on and celebrate. Its also the best time of the year to drink coffee but that's a different blog.

Tomorrow, we leave to go experience the Suiter Family Thanksgiving. This is no small event and is looked forward to throughout the year by my whole extended family. It's more like a family reunion with many of its own long-standing traditions and experiences. It is a time that I really get to connect with my parents, sisters, brother-in-laws, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, cousins, cousin's kids (I think that's all and you get the picture). It is a big event and great fun. I'm really looking forward to it again this year.

Then right after Thanksgiving is my birthday and then we quickly move into the Christmas season with all of its wonderful and fun festivities. Then comes New Years Eve and Day and lots of college football. Right after that, we get to celebrate the birth of two of my three children. Anna's birthday is January 6 and Mary's is on the 15th (hard to believe that she is almost one!). And then hopefully, intermingled in all those great events are some really cool WV snow days!

So yeah, I'm looking forward to this fun stretch for the Suiter family as we wrap up a difficult year and look forward to a new year with hopefully less stress than 2009 presented. Here's to the most wonderful time of the year! Yeah I know the tune that is running through your head right now! :)