Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Time for New Life

Spring has sprung and it is beautiful in Morgantown, WV. The trees are all sprouting new growth and the hillsides are beginning to green up. Flowers are everywhere. It is great. It has seemed like a long, bleak winter and now warmer temperatures are here and all the death is being replaced by new life.

Spring is a wonderful time to reflect on life and all that God intends and all that God offers through His Son, Jesus Christ. Spring is a great time to think about new beginnings as well. As I have blogged about recently and the absence of my recent blogging both reveal that I have been in a very dry/dead place for almost a month. It has been so weird, but God has been so faithful. He has allowed the dry time to reiterate my great need and dependence for and on Him and in the past week, and more specifically the past 5 days, God has picked me up and blessed me so much. I do not deserve anything but death and He is constantly infusing my life, my family, and my church with new life.

Spring is so beautiful, but it also represents life out of death. That is how I feel right now. Life from death is so beautiful and so undeserved. Praise be to God who saves us from our bodies of death. Therefore the symbolism of spring applies to us all no matter where we are in our walks with God. He has brought us from death to life. Let us be sure to give thanks and praise for this beautiful spring and also for the spring of life which God promises will last forever. Sweet! Thanks God for the spring!