Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009's First Sunday

If today is any indication of what God has in store for Crossroads Church in 2009, it is going to be a great year! Last week, we ended the year on a whimper with low attendance, low offering, sound problems, and a blah sermon. Today, we started the year off right. Wow, the difference a week can make! We had a great offering today and even without all our regulars not back from holiday vacation, we still had 88 in attendance with 12 new first time faces. Our sound system was like a new system after Drake and Ian moved the speakers and got them above everyone's heads. I guess the sermon was OK. You can decide for yourself under the resource tab at http://www.wvcrossroads.com/ , but it certainly was a lot of fun and I could feel the pleasure of God flowing through me as I preached. After church, we had a super cool fun fellowship time with some Crossroaders at Rio Grande #3. That was some good Mexican food and even better company. After lunch, we had our first of the month staff meeting. We closed with one awesome prayer time. It moved me greatly! I am so grateful to God for these volunteer leaders that God has put beside me to help lead Crossroads. They were a tremendous blessing tonight. Then the Suiter family came home and picked up the house. Now Anna is getting ready for an early bedtime (she didn't get a nap today). I am about to go out to get a Sunday night movie (it is my favorite crash night after a exciting and exhilarating Sunday). It has been a marvelous day! Words cannot describe my gratitude for all that God has done for me in regards to my family (we are hoping for a baby (#3) this week) and in regards to my church (I can't believe that God lets me pastor the greatest church ever!

Thank you God for all that You have done in 2008! Keep using me and my family and Crossroads Church for Your glory in 2009. Let today be the first awesome Sunday of an awesome year for our benefit and for Your great glory!