Monday, January 5, 2009

Good Run

After being sick and going through the crazy holiday schedule, I feel like I am back on track with my running. Tonight's five miles actually felt good. I ran the first two-and-a-half miles in 21 minutes and the next two-and-a-half miles in 20 minutes and 5 seconds (total was 41:05) with a final mile in 7:35. Ian was in a real good mood after a great nights sleep (he said). As always, it was great having him with me. Those rail trails get cold, dark, and lonely when I run by myself. He was great company and really pushed me hard tonight especially the final mile. It was cold (34 degrees) and was right at the shorts/tights line so I went for comfort over temperature and ran in shorts tonight. It was the right decision. Tonight's run was so good that I am thinking about trying to work in another run day. I want to get into better shape. Maybe Thursdays will work. We'll just have to wait and see. I mean my life is about to get way more hectic and crazy with the new baby coming soon.