Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Favorite Quotes - Part 2

"Your view of God is the most important view that you have. To the extent that your view of God is out of focus, your life is out of focus." Gordon Borror

I am in great debt to Dr. Borror. He was my worship professor in seminary and it was one of the best classes that I have ever had. Dr. Borror challenged me in the way I viewed God and the way I viewed worship. That class was revolutionary for me and so was this quote which was Dr. Borror's favorite.

The truth of this quote has impacted me differently at different times in my life. In seasons of my life where my view of God has been skewed and off, the quote has served as a reminder of the true attributes of God and of His greatness and sovereignty. In the seasons of my life where my view of God was as close to correct as I know, the quote served as a basis to stay where I was in my mind as well as a basis for worship.

If your view of God is off right now then your life is off right now too. If you view God is wrong (a cosmic Santa Claus, a cosmic killjoy, a genie in a bottle, etc.) then you will think and act wrong too.

Get in the Word of God and get to know who He really is!