Friday, October 16, 2009

My "Little" Girl


I know that Brannon is still a little girl. She is only 5 years old, but still; it blows my mind how big she is and how much she can do. She can actually see over the top of the shopping cart now so she can push it around the grocery store without running into things. Becky and I are always amazed at how fast she has and is growing (she is learning to read right now!). I know it is not a new phenomenon and that every parent experiences it but it doesn't make it any less mind blowing to me. It seems like yesterday that she was just a baby or running around in diapers. It just blows my mind how big she is!


Yesterday in the grocery store, Brannon and I were having a conversation about how big she is and about how much she has grown. Right after that she asked me to pick her up and hold her and carry her through the store. I looked down and my "little" girl who has grown so much and I asked her when she was gonna be too big for me to hold. Her answer was so great! She looked up at me and said, "Never!" Needless to say, I picked her up and held her and carried her through the store and I did so with tears in my eyes. I hope she always feels that way!