Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back in The Saddle


Well, I literally got back in the saddle today - the bike saddle, that is. It has been 15 days since I last exercised and my body was feeling it. Not good. Ever since I hiked the 32 miles on the AT, I haven't done anything in the world of physical fitness. I don't really have an excuse, I just haven't been intentional about exercise since the backpacking trip. I decided yesterday that I was going to get back after it today and I did. I had a great ride this morning right before lunch. I rode for 54:13 and it was an exhilarating ride. I love my bike. It is an awesome piece of machinery. So now that I got back in the saddle today, maybe I will do better in my exercising this week and even strap my running shoes on. I was just looking at my exercise log and noticed the last day that I ran was on July 24th. That's crazy! I wonder how much endurance and speed I have lost? Oh well, I'll get it back.