Friday, August 22, 2008

The Waiting Place

I am at a spot in my life and spiritual journey where I believe God is testing my patience. This is so hard for me. I am not good at waiting. It is not that I am not content and happy where I am, it is just that I hate sitting still. I love it when things are moving fast and I am on the go. I do not like sitting still and waiting on anybody including God. But God has me in this place where He is calling me to be still and wait on Him.

Look at His Word to me this morning. "True faith is not the intellectual ability to visualize unseen things to the satisfaction of our imperfect minds; it is rather the moral power to trust Christ! To be unafraid when going on a journey with his father, the child need not imagine the events of the journey, he needs only to know the father! Jesus Christ is our all in all - we need but trust Him and He will take care of the rest." A.W. Tozer

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

Spending time with my God is the most important thing in my life in order to keep me grounded in His truth. Apart from His truth, my life would spiral out of control! Hearing from the Lord from His Word is what allows me to grow in His truth and to continue to trust and obey.

Waiting is difficult for me and this season of waiting that I am in right now is especially so, but being grounded in God's truth and specific word for me make it easier to trust and to be the man that He wants me to be.

Thanks for Your Word of truth, Lord - I'll keep waiting.