Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Back-packing Trip

I have been on a blogging hiatus because of my recent back-packing trip. I could write a lot about it, but all I am going to say is that is was so awesome. I loved it. I am hooked. This backpacking thing is right up my alley. I have a new hobby and adventure direction that I believe will be a great outlet for me for many years to come.

The trip I just recently did was in southern Virginia. I went with some great friends from Arkansas and we had a great time. The scenery was beautiful and the exercise was strenuous. We even got rained on twice and that really added to the adventure. Needless to say, it was a great trip and I can't wait to go again. The only downside was that I missed my family so it will be a cool day when I can incorporate backpacking and family (not sure Becky will ever be down with that or not - she is not much of a camper, but one can hope)

I'll post some pictures of the 32 mile trip a little bit later today.