Friday, October 10, 2008

9 Miles Baby!!!

I'll say it again. I would not be running this far if it wasn't for Ian. I am so glad that he has chosen to run (he rides a bike) with me. It makes the time and miles go so much quicker. Ian told me tonight that he was game to stick with it throughout the winter so my mileage on Mondays and Fridays should continue on.

Tonight we got to the trail a little late (I needed to help Becky with the girls a little bit before I headed out and Ian was caught in pre college football game traffic). Then when we got there, we got a wild hair and decided to go for 9 miles! I can't even remember whose idea it was, but we were both game and decided to go for it. It was a great run and great conversation. When we were a little shy of the 8 mile mark, I looked at Ian and said, "Wow, 9 miles is a long way!" I was beginning to get a little bit tired and had a blister on my left little toe. I feel great now and am about ready to go to bed. It sure feels good to accomplish something like 9 miles. I'm not setting any speed records but I did the 9 miles in 1 hour, 25 minutes and 28 seconds. That's almost long enough to watch a whole movie. Good stuff!!!!