Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sick Kids

In my context of life and normal routine, I would be hard pressed to come up with something worse than having one of my kids sick. It is terrible! When Brannon or Anna is sick, I have to deal with the fact that one of my little girls doesn't feel well and that is bad enough (I always wish it was me instead of them). But in addition to that, I have to also deal with the fallout from the sickness as well. The fallout always involves a major lack of sleep and a big disruption to our families lives and schedule. Other aspects of fallout from a sick child also include a messy house (Becky has to take care of the child and has less time to handle the house issues), piles of undone laundry (I run out of socks and underwear fast) and more money spent on medicine and/or doctors. So you can see how having a sick child is one of the worst things ever! I am sure that many of you have experienced it and would agree with me.

So by now, you have probably guessed that one of my girls is under the weather. You have guessed correctly. Anna has had a bad cold for two days and I have not had much sleep. I think sickness gets way worse at night. All night last night, Anna coughed like a seal. Like I said earlier, it is so bad because I feel so bad for Anna and I also just want to get some sleep. She seemed a little better when I was home earlier at lunch so maybe tonight will be better and the Suiter family can get back into routine real soon.

Well, I have a sermon to get ready for. I sure hope I can stay awake in this comfy office chair!

And I sure hope my little Anna has a good afternoon nap and feels way better when she wakes up. She sure is pitiful when she doesn't feel well.