Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Responsibility In Leadership

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."
Luke 12:48b

As a leader (church planter/pastor) in God's church, this is a passage that scares the hebby gebbies out of me. The responsibility that God has placed upon me is no small thing and I do not take it lightly. I want desperately to follow the LORD in all that He wants for me, my family, and for Crossroads Church. He has given me much and I want to be a good steward of all that He has given me and all that He has put in my charge.

Then check out this passage from Jeremiah 15:4 that I read this morning - "I will make them (nation of Judah) an object of horror among all the kingdoms of the earth because of Manasseh, the son of Hezekiah, the king of Judah, for what he did in Jerusalem." Now I know that all individuals are responsible for their own lives and sin but this verse jumped out at me when I noticed God bringing judgement on an entire people because of the sinful actions of the leader. Wow, that is some serious responsibility and I want to live up to the responsibility that God has given me. I want to be a great leader for His great glory. I want to lead my family and my church with purity and integrity so that God can do great things in and through my leadership.

Pray for me and other church leaders that you know and interact with. It is a great calling and a great responsibility and the Bible says that we (leaders) will be judged by a stricter standard.

Being a leader in God's church is a great privilege and with that privilege comes great responsibility. I want to live and lead in such a way that corresponds with the privilege and responsibility that God has given me in this life. And I want to finish well. I want to live and lead my whole life with purity and integrity so that 1)God is glorified 2)my family is strengthened 3)Crossroads Church grows is maturity and number and 4)the Kingdom of God is touched for all eternity!