Wednesday, March 11, 2009

DR Mission Trip

It is so surreal that I am leaving to go on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic tomorrow morning at 6 AM. Crossroads Church is sending 22 of us on our first mission trip and we are going to work in the bateys (settlements of sugarcane workers). I can't believe that one-fifth of our 3 year-old church is about to embark on a mission trip of this magnitude. I am so amped! This is such a big deal and Satan has been coming against us so much recently. I believe that Crossroads Church is literally standing at a crossroads and God is about to do something so huge with us. With this mission trip and the up-coming purchase of our first building, we are accomplishing great things for God and His Kingdom. So the attacks from our enemy have been hostile and fierce. I should expect it by now. Whenever we win great victories, the devil is just around the corner. I believe that this DR mission trip has HUGE implications for the future of Crossroads for many years to come and that is why I think Satan is so opposed to this trip. Pray for us as we go. Pray that God will use us but also change us to make us more effective in His Kingdom work right here in Morgantown.

It is going to be a great week and I am excited to see all that God is going to do in and through us. Obviously I won't be blogging for a little over a week. The area where we are staying is very rural and there will be no Internet and I have been told that even the electricity will be spotty at best. If i do get to an area with electricity and an Internet connection, I'll blog so keep checking and see. I know I'll have a lot to blog about when I get back home so watch for those post mission trip posts. I have no idea what to expect but I am anticipating that God is going to rock my world.

Peace and love to all and keep us in your prayers!