Thursday, March 5, 2009

Running Lull

My life has been so crazy recently! Since Mary has been born and with major things mounting at church, it has been very difficult to find the time and to discipline myself to go run. I have only run twice in the past three weeks. I ran last Saturday morning for 34 minutes and 14 seconds in 26 degree weather and I ran today for 33 minutes and 47 seconds in much different temperatures. It was a nice 55 degrees. Both runs were uneventful but I can tell I have gotten a little bit slower with all the time off. Maybe warmer temperatures and Mary sleeping through the night are just around the corner. Both of those things will help. Crossroads Dominican Republic mission trip and the closing on our new building will definitely be some major stress that will be gone and maybe it will be easier to go run. It is the weirdest thing but the times when I need to run the most (most stressful times of life) are the hardest times to actually go run. Go Figure!