Saturday, March 28, 2009

Recent Running

My running hasn't been very consistent recently with the mission trip and then getting back from the mission trip and just trying to settle back into life and deal with some stomach issues. With all that said, I have only run twice since March 5th. I ran once in the Dominican Republic. It was an interesting early morning run with John (our team leader) and Bethan K. We ran approximately 4 miles through the Bateys and the sugarcane. We had pigs, goats, and chickens join us from time to time. It was a good time. Then I finally ran again yesterday with Steven A. It was awesome! I can't believe that Steven and Ashley have moved to Morgantown. It is going to be so great having them here as part of the church and it is so great to have my running partner back after over 4 years. Steven and I ran together in Arkansas and trained together and finished a half-marathon together. Now that we are back together, we have two half-marathons that we are already talking about doing together this summer and this fall. Last night was a great run (34:51) with a strong final push (we always really push each other at the end of each run) and I am so stoked too have Steven running with me again. It is going to help so much with my/our training. It should be a great spring and summer in the Suiter running regime!