Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Run

4 miles in 31:04! I'm finally getting a little faster after minimal training for months. My times, my shape, and my midsection were all not doing as well as in the past. I have been running more since November though, thanks to my new Zune (Microsoft's version of Ipod), which is in turn thanks to one of our churches Life Groups. They got me the Zune for pastor appreciation month. It has helped me "get out the door" more. The rail trail is lonely, dark and cold this time of year so the music from the Zune helps considerably. Anyway, I've been running more and I am finally getting faster. I ran four sub 8 minute miles tonight. Not my goal, but much better than I have been.

When I started to strap on my Zune tonight, I realized that I had not charged the battery and so I ran with no tunes. It's all good though. Feel good tonight. Getting faster in the winter is a good thing. The goal is to set all new PRs (Personal records) this upcoming race season. I'm going to post all my runs on the blog since I am the running Rev and for more accountability to hit the trail.

Merry Christmas and Happy running!