Thursday, December 27, 2007

Shane, the Volcano

I feel like a volcano right now. God woke me up on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and I have been in a unexplainable place since then. I have spent a long time thinking about the condition of Christianity in America and doing a lot of praying. I have been reflecting on why the church in America is in such poor shape; why we, as Christians are so void of power in our lives; why we struggle so much with sin and telling others about Jesus. It doesn't make sense. Jesus message was/is so simple and His promises so sure. What are we missing?

Jesus said, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

It's so simple! It's just also so difficult. We can't fully grasp that deny self part and we hold on to so much selfishness and opinion. If we would completely surrender, and let God take over, I think things would be different in our lives, families, churches, and country.

So since the other night, I have been just seeking God's presence to get to know Him better and then asking Him for direction for the church (Crossroads and the Universal Church).

So back to the volcano analogy. I feel like God is doing something major in me and it is just below the surface. I feel like I am a spiritual volcano. I think it is a good thing and I am excited to see what God is about to do in and through me. I am nervous and excited about Sunday. A preacher eruption could be a good thing, huh?

Ravings? Good title, huh?