Friday, December 14, 2007

Here's to blogging II

Well, it has been exactly one year and one day since I began this blog and I have never posted again. I guess it has been a busy year. It truly has, but I am going to make another go at this blogging thing. I guess you could call it my New Year's Resolution. I want to be able to post thoughts for my church, my family, my friends, and for pre-Christians who are searching for God. In light of this purpose, I am going to be more intentional about posting.

I hope this can be a place where community can happen, where family and friends can interact about fun things and serious things in our lives. I will be more intentional.

Speaking of one of my favorite words; INTENTIONAL, this, I have learned is one of the, if not the main keys to life. If we live by accident we are doomed. Living by accident, we are always trying to catch up. We are always searching for more of something. When we live by accident, it seems like we are never satisfied. Our spiritual, emotional, physical, financial, etc. lives go to pot when we are not intentional and disciplined. When we live by accident, we fail to spend time with God. We don't pray enough. We spend to much money. We eat too much. Our eyes wander. We spend to much and so on. AHHHHH, but with intentional living, things fall into place so much better and there is peace in our lives. Self-discipline brings about the life that we truly desire. So why do we struggle so much with intentional living? Why do we allow ourselves to be swept up in the currant of our circumstances and surroundings?

I long to be the man that God wants me to be. I know that it all begins with intentional self-discipline.

Oh and once again; here's to blogging!