Sunday, May 25, 2008

Great Day!

I had a great day and I haven't even had my Honey Nut Cheerios yet. The weather was absolutely perfect and the whole day was a blast. Here are the high points:

  1. Sunday morning at Crossroads Church. It is really hard to put into words how wonderful and fun Sunday mornings are. I have never been surrounded by so many people who desire God and who love each other. It is such a joy to be a part of and actually lead such a wonderful body of Christ-followers. Today was no different. We had a lot of people out and we still had 65 and the whole atmosphere was so God-focused and all in all just rocked out! It is so great and exciting to see a group of people so interested in and responsive to God and His word .
  2. Lunch with Steve Finn and family - need I say more? I am so glad that God has brought the Finns to Crossroads.
  3. Final meeting with Jason and Jennette. We had a cool meeting discussing all the final details of their actual wedding ceremony. It should be a totally rockin wedding this coming Saturday.
  4. Mowed my yard. I am not sure the last time I mowed my yard on a Sunday, but the weather was perfect and the grass needed it so I did it. I love to mow my grass. It is a small yard so I can get done really quick and obviously it looks better and it also gives me a good feeling of accomplishment.
  5. Late evening run through Westover. It was a great night to run so I just took off after I got done with the yard and kissed the girls good-night. I decided to run through Westover so there were some big hills. I have not run hills in a long time but the knees felt strong and the whole run felt great. I have no idea how far I ran but it had to be somewhere around 4 miles because I ran for 32:30.
  6. Well, let's cap this great day off with a hot shower and a huge bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios - sweet!