Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ian

I spent a lot of time with Ian (our worship leader at Crossroads) last week. We had some good times together. We meet every Tuesday to plan the following weeks worship. It is such a joy to work with Ian. He is so moldable and so talented. Then Tuesday evening, Becky had a night out with the girls so Ian just hung out with me and Brannon and Anna. We went to Cici's and had a good time togehter. Both of my girls just love Ian. When he comes over, they both run around the house screaming, "Ian!" Then on Friday, we went to Olive Garden for dinner together and just had some hang out time. I always want our relationship to be something more and beyond just church. We had a great time togehter. Then Ian went running with me on Saturday morning. That was really cool and I was real proud of him for his first time out running.

I am SO thankful that Ian is in my life. I am so thankful that God allowed me to be of some influence on him when he was a young teenager and how God used that relationship to call him to Morgantown and to Crossroads. I was skeptical to say the least about hiring an 18 year old kid to lead worship at Crossroads, but he has done an amazing job leading worship as well as adjusting to a new life here in West Virginia.

Ian, I love you and I am extremely proud of you. I look forward to all that God is going to do in your life and in your ministry as you keep seeking Him. It is going to be fun to see how God grows us together for future ministry years togehter.