Saturday, May 10, 2008

Running with Brannon

I took Brannon running with me this morning. I had promised her that she could go next after taking Anna with me the other day. When we woke up this morning and saw that is was raining and that it was only 48 degrees, Becky and I both tried to dissuade her from going, but she would have none of it. She wanted to go running with daddy regardless of the weather. She was a great little trooper as she always is, but she did tell me that she was "getting really cold" when we had 1/2 mile left to go. When we got back to the van, I put her in and started the heater while I stretched. I think it took her a while to finally get warm.

It was a great run and it was fun having Brannon along with me. She loved seeing the geese and the waterfalls along the way. Brannon and I were out on the trail for 36:23. I think I am finally getting back into some semblance of shape after my sickness several weeks back. I gotta start racing soon and I really need to get back on the bicycle. I think I'll wait for it to warm up a bit.