Friday, September 5, 2008

Open My Eyes God

"Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God, but only he who sees takes off his shoes; the rest sit round it and pluck blackberries."

Elizabeth Barrett Browning


I wonder today how the pace of our lives has affected our ability to see God all around us. There are so many things in our lives that should lead us to worship, but usually we are in too much of a hurry to notice, or maybe we are just to self-centered to care. I just know that this week has led me so much closer in my devotion to and trust in God (I am learning more about who He is) and I desperately long to see and know Him more as my days turn into years. I don't want to miss Him anytime or anywhere because I am more interested in something else! I want my eyes to be opened to Him in order to experience Him and therefore know Him more.