Friday, September 19, 2008

The Speed of Time

I can't believe how fast time seems to be moving. It seems like every time I turn around I am taking out the trash (which only occurs 1 time a week) or putting gas in my car (which hopefully occurs a little less than 1 time a week). It really seems that Sunday comes around every three or four days. I am sitting here in my office and I just finished writing my sermon for Sunday and I am blown away that tomorrow is Saturday AGAIN. I feel like I just preached last weeks sermon two days ago. Time is just blowing by me. It is moving so fast. I am still very young but can hardly believe that I will be 35 in a few short months. When I look at how big my little girls are getting and the fact that we are about to have a third, it blows me away to think that just a little while ago, I was just a kid myself. Time is a crazy thing and it is going way too fast.

The Bible describes our lives as a vapor or a piece of grass, both of which are here today and gone tomorrow. God admonishes us to make the most of every opportunity and to live in light of eternity by storing up treasure in heaven. Life is hurried along by our busyness and we often forget to live for God because we are to busy just living in the moment.

I want to live for God every minute of the day and so as I have recently been reminded how fast life is going by (is it really September 19, 2008?!!!!), I need to be able to recognize how brief my time on earth is and live every moment for the glory of Jesus Christ. I am not the best at this, especially when my circumstances are not what I want, but I need to be more aware of living for God every moment since life is truly so short!