Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Gift of Responsibility

I awoke this morning as I do every morning to the loud sound that only a two year old and a four year old can make. It has been a long week because Brannon and Anna have both been sick and the nights have been rough. I sat up with Brannon till 3 AM two nights this week and the rest of the nights were majorly interrupted. Needless to say, I was very tired yesterday and wanted to sleep late today.

This morning, I found myself thinking what my life would be like with no kids to wake me up every morning. I could sleep late. Becky and I could go do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. We would have alot more money freed up to do with as we pleased. Those thoughts were fleeting because I was immediately blown away by the joy in my life because of my two sweet little girls. As I type this, Brannon is sitting at my feet "reading". She just looked up at me and said, "I love you Daddy." I can't imagine my life without the wonderful responsibility of being Daddy.

As my tired brain contemplated this thought, I went ahead and took it one step further. What would my life be like without Becky? Talk about freedom! I could have all my time and all my money to myself. I would not have to answer to anybody about where I am or what time I would be home, etc. That would be terrible! I realized this morning as I have many other times over the years that the greatest joy and priviledge in my life comes from the things that God has given me responsibility over.

My life is so rich and full because of my three girls. I cannot imagine my life without responsibility. It is the greatest place to be. Thank you God for the responsibility you have given me! Help me to be a great steward of the lives you have put under my charge. May I be faithful in loving and caring for them as You love and care for me.

Gotta go now! Dora the Explorer is on and I promised Brannon I would watch it with her. Oh well, my time is not my own. Thanks God!