Saturday, February 23, 2008

Snowy Return Run

I have taken a week off from running trying to heal my knee up a bit. No such good fortune. I ran 33:23 today which is in the neighborhood of 4 miles and my knee is really hurting tonight. I have got to figure this out. Running is so therapeutic and important to me.

The knee never really hurt until after my shower so the run itself was exhilarating. 4 miles is short compared to what I have been running recently, but still a great stretch of the legs as I was trying to take it somewhat easy. Anyway, a great run in the snow flurries turned my blah morning into a major spiritual high. I love how God speaks to me and what He does in me on my runs (I told you running was important to me - please pray for my knee). I listened to an Erwin McManus sermon and it was just what I needed. I started the run not really wanting to run and ended weeping over the sin and lostness of Morgantown. Talk about a big attitude change. That would have never happened sitting on my couch watching TV!