Saturday, February 23, 2008

Home Again

It is so good to be home. Leaving my three girls was hard to do, but coming home to see them was so sweet.

I was not able to access my blog at the end of day two of the road trip and I was so tired at the end of day three when I got home that blogging didn't even show up on my radar screen. Days two and three were great - lots of driving, but great!

Day two was so encouraging as we met with CPC (Churches Planting Churches) in Sparta, TN. We got to hear what God was doing in all the other church plants as well as hear about a new work in Seymour, TN. It was also just great meeting with and praying with like-minded pastors who are all in this thing together. I also connected with an old college buddy for dinner that night. I had not spoken to Bob in 14 years. It was great to see him and find out all that God had done in his life as well as others that I knew during my freshman year at UTM (Univ. of TN at Martin). Day closed out by crashing at J.R. and Susan's house in Kingsport, TN. It was so good to see them again. They have been friends of mine and my mom and dad's for more than 20 years. It was wonderful visiting with them.

Day three started off with more visiting with J.R. and Susan (Thanks you guys for everything) and then on to Cracker Barrel to have breakfast with Sherree, John, and Judah (my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew). That was a good time as well as it always is with Sherree. Then we hit the road again headed for home (Take me home country road to the place I belong, mountain momma, WV, take me home country road - Oh sorry! I just love calling WV home!). It was a great drive with Ian and Donald as we laughed and spurred each other on in our walks with God. It was also great as Ian crawled in the back seat and opened his guitar case and we did some worship planning and some worship itself. It was a great time and I was thoroughly encouraged. I was really glad that Ian and Donald went along with me. Thanks guys!

As great as the trip was, it sure is good to be home and I really look forward to being at Crossroads tomorrow!