Thursday, February 21, 2008

Road Trip Day 1

Today has been a good day although it started out a little shakey. When I woke up and checked the weather, there was snow warnings all along our morning WV route. I didn't want to get into bad weather so I was questioning whether or not to postpone our little ministry partner road trip. After some inner debate, I decided to make a go off it. We did have snowy roads for about 60 miles and I had to put the trusty Sidekick into 4-wheel drive. That gave extra confidence and I never slipped and even made pretty good time.

The drive with Ian and Donald was very fun and entertaining. Needless to say, I never had to worry about falling asleep. Sometimes we had great spiritual conversations and other times we just got slap silly and laughed alot.

The visit with Hillcrest was great! I always love the encouragement that I recieve from being with my Hillcrest family. They are an inspiration and they rock! Spending time at IHOP with Pastor Dave, Doug J. I and Doug J. II (some Hillcrest Leadership) was especially entertaining and encouraging. Those guys are fun and helpful to my walk with Jesus. It was a great time and I think the staff at the Morristown IHOP thought we would never leave.

It's late (12:20 AM) and we need to get to bed so that we can be prepared for another great ministry partner road trip day!