Saturday, February 16, 2008

Run Canceled

Well today is a regularly scheduled long run, but I am not going out on the trail today. My left knee has been bothering me and yesterday my neck and shoulders started really hurting bad. I don't know what it is, but something is wrong. This is rare for me. After 6 years of running, I have had very little pain and injury.

I know that I am still a young man at 34, but my body does not respond to stress and injury like it did when I was 24. Becky hates it when I talk like I am getting old. She says I am not even close to old and I know she is right, but I also know my body is not 24. So I am going to take this Saturday off and see if I can get my neck and knee at least a little better. Besides I need to spend some extra time with the family since I will be out of town for three days next week.

I hate not running, but I think I hate having pain or problems that I can't control even worse. You think I have control issues? It drives me nuts that my neck hurts. I feel like less of a man if I have a problem that I can't solve. I guess I need to turn that over to Jesus , huh? He needs to be in control, not me. Maybe that is what He is trying to teach me through this slight pain (and I mean slight - I know that there are millions hurting worse than me today). Man, I love blogging. It really helps me learn and think through things.