Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Early Ride

This morning I took off on my bicycle. It was a good ride but I think I may have pushed a little too hard. Once, after coming up the Star City hill, I felt weird and like I might pass out so I backed off a little. When I got to Westover and was coming up the two big hills after the bridge, I really kicked it into a high gear and rode hard. I started feeling a little funny again, but instead of backing off, I determined that I was close to home and that if I passed out that it would be OK. When I got home, Becky said I looked like a ghost, but after a few minutes and some protein, my color started to return. When I told Becky the stories about how hard I rode up the hills, she said I was crazy. She said that every time I get home from exercising that when she sees me, it makes her never want to exercise again. Sometimes I wonder if the drive and intensity inside me is a good thing or a bad thing. I guess its both.

Anyway, a good ride even though I am still a little wobbly and I was only out for 44 minutes. It was a good start to the day though.