Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Slowing Down

I am actually getting slower! This summer was supposed to be my time to get faster than I had ever been and set my own personal records but that has not been the case. I have struggled all summer to find the time to run and it has been even harder since Becky got pregnant and the things at church have really sped up. I am not complaining. I am thrilled at the prospect of our third child as well as how things are going at Crossroads. I am just disappointed that I am getting fat and slow. I keep telling myself that this is the season of life to just maintain and that when my kids are older that I will be able to run more. I also know that it will always be something, so I just need to keep trying to be more intentional in my exercising. I planned my run tonight when I got out of bed this morning then informed Becky of my plans and that made it a lot easier to hit the trail this evening. I worked late and slipped on my running shoes around 7:30 PM. The weather was glorious after that storm front went through this morning and I enjoyed the run more so than my previous 2 or 3 runs. I thought it was cool when I started out but at the end of 4 miles, I was drenched. It was good. I love that feeling of sweating after a good workout. I did the 4 miles in just over 33 minutes. Not great, but I wasn't sitting on the couch eating potato chips either. Oh and no esophagus issues either. I guess that is something to be thankful for.