Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Endurance!

Endurance requires a lifestyle of intentionality. My last post dealt with my recent lack of running. After I wrote it, I thought of all the time that I waste on frivolous activities and realized that my busyness was not the problem (we sure like to think that it is though). My problem was a lack of intentional living in every area of my life.

I know that when I live intentional in every area of my life (spiritual, physical, relational, ministerial, etc.) that consistency over the long haul is the result. Living with intentionality leads to endurance and perseverance. Living without intentionality or daily purpose in all things leads to laziness and sin.

Check out this amazing call to purpose and perseverance (endurance) that I was reading this morning from the book of Hebrews.

35Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
36For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. 37FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY. 38BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
39But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul. Hebrews 10:35-39 (NASB)