Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yesterday

I know that when I blog about yesterday that I am a little behind, but I was so tired last night, I couldn't think straight to write about my day. It was a good kinda tired because yesterday was a great day.

I started off the day with a 6:30 AM meeting with Chris H. He is an early bird so I follow suit on Tuesdays. It is such a great kick to the day. Chris gets me fired up about the future. The structure changes that he is helping me to come up with and implement is going to take Crossroads Church so far as the we grows. It is an exciting thing to think about!

After that I hurried home to be sure my girls were taken care off, then off to the office. Had a great time with the Lord before heading to Washington, PA for a big meeting with our state director of church planting. Things went super with Tim B. and I headed back to Morgantown in high spirits.

Then I met with Ian R. for the rest of the afternoon and we talked about the future of the worship team and what God was up to in Ian's life - also good and exciting stuff. Then Ian and I went to the store with Patsy (male) to get him (Patsy) coffee and other groceries.

Then I booked it home to get a quick run in before a date with my wife been a long time in coming). I was in a hurry and was also hurting (my esophagus has been hurting since the race on Friday night - not cool - makes it hard to eat after running - not sure what is going on, but I have decided to take a break from running for a few weeks and just ride my bike for awhile - see what happens) so I only ran for 30:37.

After my run, Becky and I went out to Olive Garden together thanks to Gretchen E. Thanks Gretchen! It was the first time we had been out alone in I can't remember how long. We had a wonderful time with just the two of us!

After such a great day, I pretty much just fell into the bed last night. After so many less than perfect days over the past 6 weeks, it was nice to fall asleep with a smile on my face.