Friday, July 11, 2008

Racing

Well, I ran in a 5 mile race tonight. It has been awhile since I have raced. I had been wanting to wait until I got a little faster, but I went ahead and entered this race in hopes that it will motivate me to run more in hopes of finally getting faster.

It was a well planned race and I enjoyed the event itself. I had hope to finish in 40 minutes and thought that I would be closer to 41. The hard truth was that I finished in 42:04. Not so great! 30-34 year-old males must be fast cause I didn't beat very many. Of approximately 24 or 25 in my age group I finished around 15th. I am not exactly winning any medals. I fared a little better overall finishing 131st out of 290 people.

It was a fun time and good to be racing again. It certainly accomplished what I wanted it to. It gave me a good hard 5-mile run and helped me to see how slow I have become. I have to use the rest of this summer and fall to get in better shape. I still want to get faster!