Friday, November 14, 2008

Church Planting Conerence

I am in Colorado Springs, CO at Vanguard Church for a Missional Church Planting Conference. It has been a long and great day. I heard two really great speakers that have really encouraged and challenged me in the great work of what we are doing at Crossroads Church as well as what we need to do in the area of planting churches all over northern WV. A guy made the statement today that we need to reach more people for Jesus than will ever fit in our buildings. That is so true. We need to plant tons more churches. We are losing almost 3,000 evangelical churches a year and not replacing them and it is also a proven fact that the best way to reach more people for Jesus is to start new churches.

I have been challenged and refreshed today and am looking forward to tomorrow. I have met many great people from all over the country who are doing the same thing that we are doing in Morgantown and also have met lots of guys who are creating networks in order to plant hundreds of new churches all over our country and also in the entire world.

I am wiped out so I am headed to bed so my body, brain, and spirit will be ready to hear what God wants to say to me tomorrow. I am so thankful that God has called me to this work. It is an honor and privilege to pastor Crossroads Church and to be called to the task of making sure that everyone in northern WV has the chance to know Jesus as Savior and Lord.

I think I should be busy for the next hmmmmmmmmmm 40 or 50 years. As long as God lets me live and breath, I want to be committed to the vision of changing Morgantown, all of West Virginia, and the whole world for the sake and glory of Jesus Christ!