Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cold and Bright

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shinning very bright but the air was still very cold. The temperature for this mornings run was 26 degrees. Ian and I ran today because we had company at my house last night (it was good spending time with Jarod and Miriam). We took off just before 9 AM this morning and it was cold. We were as bundled up as we could be. During the first half mile, I thought I was going to freeze to death but once the blood got to flowing, I warmed up and was fine. We went for 7 miles and I didn't feel very strong and I thought I was slow as well. When I got home and looked at my running log, I realized that I was much faster than I had been on all my previous 7 milers. So maybe the reason the run felt so difficult was because I pushed it so much harder and didn't even know it. So where I was bummed out for thinking I was in worse shape and slowing down changed and I was stoked that I was so much faster. I ran the 7 miles today in 59:43. The previous fastest 7 in recent history was one hour, 4 minutes, and 13 seconds. I was faster today by 4 minutes and 30 seconds and I didn't even mean to! My legs feel wobbly and I want to take a nap. I can't though, I have too much to do right now.