Sunday, November 2, 2008

Great and Long Day

Today was a great day at Crossroads Church! It was a long one too. I got to the church building at 10 this morning and left around 5 Pm. It was also wonderful though.

It all started with our regular Sunday Worship Gathering and it just gets better by the week. Ian and the worship team continue to do an amazing job. I appreciate all their planning and practice. It sure shows and pays off. Then I preached one of the most difficult sermons of my life dealing with abortion and the upcoming election. You can check it out at http://www.wvcrossroads.com under resources. In all my 14 years of speaking, today was one of the most emotional and difficult messages that I have ever delivered.

Right after our worship gathering was over we had a meeting for all who were interested in our upcoming Dominican Republic mission trip. I am so stoked at the number of Crossroaders who are at least thinking about going. We had 22 people at the meeting and it was a good time. We had a good meal together and then discussed our trip. A big thanks to Angie K. for all she did for the meeting as well as all she has done to get ready for the mission trip.

After the DR mission trip meeting, I had about a 45 minute break before our bi-monthly staff meeting. I love our staff. They are an awesome group of volunteers who have really stepped up to help run all the ministries of Crossroads Church and I really appreciate all that they do. It was, as always a good and fun meeting. It is so nice working and serving with people who love each other and the Lord.

I finally left the church building around 5 and hung out with all my girls in their room until their bedtime and now I am about to crash in front of the TV with a monster bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios!

God is doing some crazy cool stuff at Crossroads Church and it is a rockin awesome thing to be a part of!!!