Saturday, November 1, 2008

Running Without Ian

I ran alone this afternoon for the first time since September 6. We had a Halloween outreach event at the church last night so Ian and I weren't able to go on our normal weekly Friday evening run. I missed the long run and the time with Ian but the outreach went well and the fellowship was great!

I didn't want to completely miss a run so right after the girls had their lunch and Anna was on her way down for a nap, I took off and ran the Westover (WV) hills. I took my Zune along with me since I didn't have Ian and kicked it old school with some Brian Adams and a little CCR (Creedance Clearwater Revival). It was an absolutely perfect West Virginia day at 67 degrees and the run felt really good even if the hills were a little tough. I am not sure how far I ran but I was out for 36:19.

Also had a great day with my family and am looking forward to preaching God's word tomorrow (it's a crazy cool privilege). Don't forget to set you clocks back tonight so you will make it to church on time in the morning.