Monday, November 24, 2008

Coffee

I am a new addict and member of the cool kids coffee club! There really is no such club but if there were, I would be a card carrying member!

I have always hated coffee and have viewed coffee drinkers as a rather bizarre lot. I mean that stuff (coffee) tastes nasty! Last year about this time, I started drinking one cup of coffee in the morning to help my focus during my prayer time (those of you who are ADD like me know what I am talking about. Oh and by the way, it really helped.). In the beginning, I bought coffee flavored with chocolate and then doused it with International Delight chocolate coffee creamer. I was even accused of not really being a part of the cool kids coffee club. I was told that wasn't real coffee; that I was really drinking toffee. Well that may have been true, but things have recently changed as my taste for coffee has developed. I still put major creamer and sweetener in it, but not as much as I used to and my coffee choices have become a lot more widespread. Let's just say that I am now addicted and that I am enjoying every minute of it.

Last year when I told Drake A. about my caffeine and focus experiment, he told me that I would eventually get addicted. He was right. On my recent trip to CO for the missional church-planting conference, I would not even begin to guess how much coffee that I had. It was great. So now I guess if there is someone out there who still doesn't get the whole coffee thing, then they are looking at me the way I used to look at coffee drinkers. And if you are readying this and are one of those coffee "haters", then I just have one thought for you. Come join us on the dark side (pun intended)! You'll eventually be glad that you did. You too can be a part of the cool kids coffee club!