Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What's In A Name?

I am still having a hard time with the fact that America just elected a man named Barack Hussain Obama to be it's 44th President. Something truly has changed in America and Obama is right, more is about to change. I am just not so sure that it is the kind of change most Americans really know is coming and really want.

The names of past presidents and presidential contenders just sound a little more familiar and seem to put you at ease as opposed to Barack Hussain Obama. Check 'em out: John, George, Al, Bill, Bob, Ross, Micheal, Walter, Jimmy, Gerald, and Richard. I am not saying that you should judge a person by their name but I do believe it does give some insight into where he (Barack) has come from and where he might be headed. Like I said, I think Barack is right, change is coming. Americans you better be ready for it. You asked for it!

The thing that I am clinging to today is that Jesus is really the only name that truly matters. It is He that holds everything in His hands and one day, it will be at the sound of His Name that "every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is LORD".

So maybe names do matter.