Monday, November 17, 2008

Cold and Dark

Until tonight, the coldest temperature that I have run in in a long time was around 42 degrees but tonight Ian (we're back!) and I set out for a 5 miler and the temperature was hovering somewhere around 30 degrees.

It was great to get back out on the Mon. county rails to trails and even better to be back with Ian at my side. It has been exactly 2 weeks since we have exercised together. I have missed him and it was good to have the time together even if it was dark and cold.

All the fair weather exercisers were gone. My Suzuki Sidekick was the only car at the trail parking lot. And yes, I do take some sick satisfaction in that fact! With that said, I still know that it was an odd night to be out for a run. It was cold, dark, and wet. Ian and I both looked like we were dressed for an Arctic exploration. I guess Ian and I have a long, cold winter to look forward to exercising in. It should be fun and exhilarating and I am once again truly thankful that Ian is with me and that he has committed to being with me regardless of the weather. Now that is a real friend!

Oh and tonight's 5 miles were slow. I finished with a time of 43:35 with an 8 minute final mile. I"ll just blame the weather!