Monday, November 10, 2008

A Quick Breather

The past four days were a definite whirlwind! I left my house at 9:25 on Thursday morning on my way to our Baptist State Convention in Altoona, PA. I picked up Reece K. and we were off. It was a good day together at the convention, but I didn't get to my hotel in Pittsburgh until midnight. I finally fell asleep around 1 AM and woke up at 5 AM. Then I hurried to the airport and caught a flight to Little Rock. I went down there to lead a marriage retreat for some young couples from Jonesboro, AR. It was a good time but also quick and I found myself on another plane by 6 PM on Saturday. I got home after midnight on Saturday and then got up to preach on Sunday morning. A bunch of us from Crossroads went out to lunch together to visit with Chad and Natashia P. and I got home after 3PM. The days were great, but it has been rather exhausting. In the last 4 days, I have been in Morgantown, WV, Altoona, PA, Pittsburgh, PA Baltimore, MD, Little Rock AR, Batesville, AR, Memphis, TN, and Atlanta, GA. Yeah, I know - it was crazy busy and fast!

Now I am trying to catch my breath and take a breather before I head out again. I am working today trying to get caught up on all the logistics at my office and I am taking off all day tomorrow to spend with my family because on Wednesday, I am headed to Colorado Springs, CO for a church planting conference. I am excited about the possibilities for the future of Crossroads planting churches all over WV and assisting in church planting all over the world. I am anticipating that this conference will help me discover what mine and Crossroad's role will be in that Kingdom endeavor. It is an exciting time as I look forward into the future and seek ways to expand God's Kingdom for the church's growth and for the glory of God!

Keep me and my family in your prayers while I am gone. I will try to update my blog about church planting and about what God is teaching me. I'll also try to get a run in in the thin Colorado air while I am there. It should be a good conference and a good week. More info later.