Saturday, January 26, 2008

7 Again

I ran 7 miles today a little faster than the last time I did 7. It took me just over an hour with a time of 1:00:34. I ran the first 3.5 in 31 minutes and the second 3.5 in 29 minutes and 34 seconds with a final mile in 7:31. Not to bad, but the final two miles my little toe on my left foot started hurting. I got home and found the blister -not cool. My knees also started hurting. That scares me a little bit cause I don't want to take any time off to heal an injury. We'll see. I know that I need some new shoes. I have logged over 350 miles on my present pair of shoes and the traditional running mindset says not to go over 300 miles on a pair of running shoes. They break down and don't offer the same benefits that they are supposed to to protect your legs and body from all the pounding that running brings. Anyway, I hope to get some soon and that will hopefully take care of my knee problem. Hopefully!