Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First 2008 Runs

My blogging has been off as I stated in my last post. Because of that I missed listing my first run of the new year. So here are the first two.

On Saturday, January 5th, which was my first full day back in Morgantown after a week in east TN with my family, I ran for 32:48 in 39 degrees on a snow covered trail. It was a pretty good run although I felt a little sluggish, probably from all the holiday food and 5 days off.

My second run of 2008 was today and talk about a turn around in the weather. Three days ago, my feet were crunching the snow and today I ran in shorts and a lightweight t-shirt in 67 degrees. It was great to run so unencumbered as I have been used to running in tights and sweatshirts for the past 5 or 6 weeks. That reminds me of that passage in Hebrews where God tells us to throw off everything that keeps us from running the spiritual race to the best of our ability. It is interesting how we like to exercise in as little clothes as possible, but we try to run in our spiritual lives and we carry so much weight with us (material stuff, selfish opinions, comfort, pleasure, etc,). It's no wonder we struggle to be holy.

Well, I didn't mean to start preaching; I was just going to tell you about my recent runs. Today was a great run and I ran for 33:02.

Well, whatever you do in word or deed, do for the glory of God. Hey, throw off that weight and sin and get to running as fast as you can for the Kingdom of Jesus Christ cause physical training is of some value but Jesus training last forever!