Monday, January 7, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, it has been a great week off. I forget how wonderful it is hanging out with my family. I miss my parents, sisters, and brothers so much. It was great to spend the New Years holiday with them. We had a great snow in the East TN mountains and I took Brannon sledding. It was the first time I have been sledding since the blizzard of 1993 when I was 20 years old. It was fun and I enjoyed watching Brannon have fun in the snow, but I think I felt every bump a little differently that I did when I was 20.

As good as it is to be away, it is always good to be home. It is especially good to be at Crossroads Church. I love being with my church family almost as much as I love being with my biological family.

So I am back in the saddle today and it has been a good and productive day. I am looking forward to all that God has in store for my week and my new year. I plan on blogging Tuesday or Wednesday (I am running out of time for today) about all that God has been teaching me these past few weeks. He has been really stirring in me. It will probably be a recap of yesterday's sermon, but I am anxious to write what He has been doing in me.