Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Decline of the American Church

Why are churches in America in such steep decline today? Listen to what Mosaic pastor, Erwin McManus said: “My primary assessment would be because American Christians tend to be incredibly self-indulgent so they see the church as a place there for them to meet their needs and to express faith in a way that is meaningful for them,” said cultural architect Erwin McManus, lead pastor at Mosaic Church in Los Angeles.

McManus boils it down to the fact that the church in America is dying today because we are so self-centered. We really don't care about others. It's all about me. This selfish Christian culture that we have established and/or bought into is killing the church in America and dooming the majority of individuals around us to hell.

Oh God, mold me in Your image. Let me put You and others before myself. That is my prayer for my life and for Crossroads Church. Let us all be intentional about self-denial, cross bearing, and following Jesus!

You can check out the entire church decline article at http://www.christianpost.com/article/20080115/30855_Cultural_Architect%3A__Why_Churches_are_Declining_in_America.htm