Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Coldest of Runs

Wow, 26 degrees is pretty cold weather to run in, but I hadn't run since Saturday and I ate alot of pizza yesterday so regardless of the temperature, I thought I'd better go run. It was surprisingly a great run. I clicked off 4 miles and it seemed almost effortless. I ran the last mile around 7:25 and when I finished, I wasn't hurting at all. It felt great! That makes me really excited about the spring and summer. Usually I just maintain in the winter, but this year, I seem to be getting a little faster. My total run time was 32:23.

Today during my run, I listened to a sermon by Andy Stanley, well half of my run anyway. My Zune battery went dead exactly halfway into the run/sermon. I charged my Zune when I got home and am anxious about hearing the rest of Stanley's message. It was about finances. It was really good and convicting. He was talking about how we spend our money and end up robbing ourselves and robbing God. Money has such a way of pulling our hearts away from God. It's so crazy how we live more for this life than we do the next. Anyway, I'll listen to the rest of it later and I'm sure some bits and pieces of the sermon will make it into my own upcoming messages.

You can check out Andy Stanley's messages here: http://www.northpoint.org/messages