Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cold Run

Tonight was a cold, and dark run, but I had to get back out on the trail. I had not run in four days so it was important to log some miles tonight. It was cold, but good. I ran 5 miles in 40:47 with the final mile in 7:47. Not too bad for running in the dark and in 30 degrees.

And the hot chicken and dumplings that Becky had waiting on me were so delicious. It was a great post-run meal. What a great wife I have! She is so supportive of my running. That makes logging the miles so much easier.

I also listened to another awesome Francis Chan sermon while I ran. It is so good to exercise my body and feed my spirit at the same time. Francis Chan truly inspires me to walk closer with Christ. I am so thankful for technology. How cool is it that a great preacher in CA is available for me to listen to during secluded runs in WV. That is so great!