Saturday, January 12, 2008

7 Miles!

I ran 7 miles today in the beautiful sunshine! My time was 1:30:37. It was awesome! Everything still feels great. We'll see if that holds true tomorrow morning though.

The truth from my last blog entry really hit home this afternoon as well. What am I pouring into myself? If I allow busyness to drive me and do not take time to feed my soul, I am worthless. I am a terrible pastor, husband, and father, not to mention follower of Christ. Or if I feed my soul and my mind with things other than God, it has the same effect. So my lack of filling my life with holy stuff impacts me as well as filling my mind with unholy stuff. It amazes me how we rationalize the trash that we put in our minds. How do we expect holiness to bloom in our lives when we fill it with so much from the world.

The hour and three minutes that I ran today, I listened to 7 Casting Crowns songs and a full sermon on the Holy Spirit by Francis Chan. Talk about putting the right stuff in and feeding my soul. I feel great; so thankful for the mercy and grace of Jesus! My heart is right. My attitude is right and I really can't wait for church tomorrow. It's gonna rock.

So it begs the question. What kind of man do I want to be all the time? Well then, what do I put in my life, cause that has all the impact in the world on the kind of man that I am and am becoming.

What are you presently pouring into your life?